Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Thankful For My Kids!



I just came in from kissing my kids goodnight. I fall short in so many areas and I know I need to be more affectionate with my kids, love them, snuggle them, smell their sweet smells! My children are my life, they keep me going. When life gets tough I think of them and what joy and meaning they bring into my life. I am also learning how to recognize how different and special they are. I am so thankful that God has entrusted these priceless souls to us.

I came upon the news for a minute and came away with heart ache and tears. I have to honestly ask God WHY?! Why does such evil happen in this world? How do people get so far gone that they hurt others?

The news flashed that a 31 year old mother pushed her 7 year old daughter and her 4 year old son off a high bridge in Portland tonight. My 2 oldest children are the same age! I immediately thought about them and put them in that situation and staged it in my head. I could imagine the fear that my children would have and I am sure THOSE POOR kids had too! The facial expressions! The heartache! The terror! The loneliness! How horrible it must have been for them to have this mother who is suppose to be their guardian, the one who watches over them so that bad things don't happen to them to force them to a terrifying death. The girl ended up floating down the water and was about to go down and her brother died either from impact on the water or from drowning. A couple that own a house boat were out on their deck and heard some weird noises and disregarded it and then kept hearing it and they decided that it didn't sound normal so they went out on their boat and found that 7 year old girl fighting for her life. She was starting to go down and the man jumped in to get her and that's when the lady noticed she wasn't alone and her precious dead brother was floating by her! I could not imagine the shock and pain that they felt. This couple was so grateful to save that little girl, but they will always wonder IF ONLY THEY HAD GOTTEN OUT ON THEIR BOAT SOONER! What if you had to live with that for the rest of your life? I know it would always bring me sorrow and anguish. The only thing that comforts me is that God has this precious little boy and this little girl that was saved will be in a much better and safer place. I pray to GOD that angels were with these children and carried them and that this 4 year old boy didn't have to feel any pain. I hope to God that as soon as he fell angels took him in the air and carried the little girl. It is a mystery why we would be put in such situations because God knows what is to come, what will happen, what we will do... and still these precious souls were given to this mom who clearing wasn't fit. I don't understand why people don't recognize when they need help?! If you are thinking about hurting your children that is a major red light, to stop! We have no right to inflict pain on another, we are all God's children!!! I pray for the father of these children that he will have peace and understanding to what has happened and that he had no control over it! How could you ever trust your spouse or another human being with your children is beyond me. I just want to express how deeply grateful I am for my family and how they mean everything to me.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

it has been horrible to hear that story. I haven't heard much about the details but it nothing but heartbreaking.

Swangerlings said...

I was crying so much and so broken up about this story. I have never been so impacted on a story like this. I think it is because of my kids being the same age that it is so horrible for me. I just feel so sad that the mother didn't allow the thought of giving her kids to someone else in that moment and only thought about herself and hurting them. I feel the wrath of God through me when I think about the justice that she will face. I know we all have mental instabilities sometimes, but this is something that can NEVER be repaired! I hate the evil that we face in this society and when I hear stories like this it crushes my spirit and I am deeply effected. I remember seeing a horrible story about babies being thrown on the streets in China and seeing real pictures of it. Tourist were there and they saw crowds pass the dead infant because they were in such shock to experience such a heartless people! They went over and picked up the remains and disposed of that wonderful little baby's body! That story will be with me for all my life and I will NEVER forget those images in my head. How can God allow such disgustingly horrible things happen to perfect helpless souls? I have to have faith that there is a purpose in all things and that these wonderful souls are SAVED forever. Maybe they agreed to this in the afterlife and they took it? I don't know, but I have to manage to see a brighter picture in such a bleak world.

Tricia said...

That is the worst story ever. I can't imagine a mother doing that to her own children!

The Poe Family said...

I felt the exact same way when I heard about this on the news- It hit too close to home, I can't even comprehend!!! Thanks for sharing